Strona WWW

Grudziądz Informacja Turystyczna w Grudziądzu Nasza Klasa Facebook Bloog

Main page / Volume VI

PL EN DE

POLISH / ENGLISH / GERMAN

Gmina Gruta

Description of an emblem

Its shape, form and content are expressed in the following elements: heraldic shield is divided into two equal parts. On the right side there is a white angel on a red background. On the left there is a golden ear of wheat.on a green background, cut with a stripe of blue.

The symbolism of the various elements of the emblem is as follows: the angel was copied from the squadron of Pokrzywino komturship and symbolizes peace. It also recalls the white Benedictine monks who acted on Chełm land. The Teutonic Castle Pokrzywno was a restoration of the earlier Polish settlement existing there since the eighth century called Koprzywno - later Pokrzywno.

The Teutonic Knights probably adopted the angel from the Benedictine Order. To sum up: the angel placed on the emblem provides peace to its inhabitants. Green background of the left field symbolizes fertile lands of municipalities and thriftiness of its inhabitants. The blue stripe depicts the richness of aquatic areas, as numerous lakes and waterways, including the River Osa (the first state border was demarcated there by King Boleslaw the Brave visiting these sites). And among them, in particular, Lake Mełno famous for significant historical events. Over the lake King Wladyslaw Jagiello camped on September 21, 1410 and in 1422 he signed a peace agreement with the Teutonic Knights.

In 1939, Polish soldiers waged here a heroic battle against the Nazi invaders. In heraldry a golden ear of wheat symbolizes prosperity and fertility, which local inhabitants wish to ensure for themselves and future generations.

Gmina Rogózno

Rogoźno (14 km from Grudziadz) The history of the municipality Rogoźno from 1924. The village with 1000 inhabitants on the Preczwa river, a tributary of Osa, with a mostly Polish population . The Catholic Church of the end of the thirteenth century, gothic in style of rough, field stones with a low four-sided tower on the west, which was built from materials of the former castle. The church was burnt twice during Swedish wars and restored in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In 1909, a stylish interior was renovated by German artists. From this period comes the neo-baroque great altar with a statue of the Heart of Jesus and a painting of St. Adalbert, a pulpit, organ and paintings on the vault. In a treasury there is a lot of old embroidery, among them richly embroidered chasuble from the year 1737.

Three kilometers to the east there is Podzamcze Rogozinskie, a village with a population of 300 inhabitants. Near the village, in picturesque landscape on a hill, at the confluence of the Osa and Gardęga there are magnificent ruins of Rogoźno Castle. Wooden at first, it was built by the Tetonic Knigts at the end of the thirteenth century. It had 7 gates and 22 towers, and Emperor Charles IV enchanted by its beauty, wanted to possess it as the imperial castle.

Szembruk - (27 km from Grudziadz) as well as neighboring villages, the last village located on the north ethnographic border of Poland, along which political boundaries were stricly pointed. A wooden church from 1715 stands on a small hill above the Gardęgą, on the place of the previous one, which was burnt by the Swedes.

 

Gmina Radzyń

A Prussian stronghold which existed here in the eleventh century was captured by Boleslaw the Brave in 1015. Municipal law Chełmno (1234, 1285). From 1231 in the hands of the Teutonic Knights. From 1440 in Association of Prussia. From 1466 it was Polish and in the years of 1772-1920 under Prussian rule.

There are two precious monuments. Outside the town, on the road to Grudziadz, stand the imposing ruins of the Teutonic Castle (the seat of the Command), it was not changed later by reconstructions. Erected at the end of the thirteenth century to the thirties of the fourteenth century, from 1466 the seat of Polish mayors, destroyed in the seventeenth century. Partially demolished in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Gothic brick on a square plan with a side of 52 m, with a courtyard cloister. Partially preserved cellars, three main halls of the floor, including a chapel (without ceiling). At a distance of 300 meters to the south east from the castle there is a stronghold of Prussia from VI-XI, inhabited with a Polish crew in XI-XIII century, with traces of wooden and earthen embankments. The ruins are open to visitors. The tower offers a beautiful view of the countryside.

Another valuable monument of Radzyn Chełmiński is the parish church of St. Anna. Gothic, with brick walls richly decorated with white plastered blends, one nave. Built and expanded from about 1310 to 1600. At the end of the sixteenth century a renaissance mortuary chapel of family Dąbrowski was built here. Inside the church, in the presbitery, there are wooden ceilings covered with wall paintings from 1640 with the scene of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Presumably the work by Bartholomew Strobel, Ladislaus IV's court painter. In the nave, wall paintings from about 1680. Baroque interior from the late seventeenth century to the beginning of the nineteenth century. There is a high-class image showing the Coronation of the Virgin Mary, the work by Strobel from 1643 and a monument of Jan Dlugosz (1415-1480) - historian and chronicler.

Gmina Łasin

Herb Łasin - emblem of the city features St. John the Baptist's head placed on a cup lying in a field between two trees of oak leaves located on a red shield. The emblem was specified in Resolution No. IV / 24/2006 Łasin City Council of 29 December 2006.

Łasin - (34 km from Grudziadz) Polish town with about 2800 inhabitants on the right bank of the Vistula river. In the time of Boleslaw the Brave it was a border stronghold and the king told to fix border posts in Osa between Rogoźna and Lasin. As the place was defensive in nature, Teutonic Knights built a castle here, and in 1298 the settlement received city rights from them. The city with the area belonged to commandership in Rogoźno, and then to the county. In 1410 the suburb was burned along with the church of Mary Magdalene. Although Łasin paid tribute to Casimir the Jagiellonian during the Thirteen Year War, on May 28, 1454 a year later, after the Battle of Chojnice, surrendered to the Teutonic Knights again. The Poles besieged Łasin several times, once even with Casimir IV, but it was not until 1461 when the city became Polish. After that it was quickly polonized. When besieged by the Swedes, the whole town with the church was burnt down in 1628; another fire destroyed the town in 1719.

In the municipal archives documents from the sixteenth century are preserved, according to which the catholic church has come up together with the founding of the city, at the beginning of the fourteenth century. In 1628, it was burned down to the bare walls, together with the Dulski family chapel and a renaissance tomb of Barbara Dulska. In 1822 the church was renovated and repainted. The remnants of the city walls from the fourteenth century were demolished in 1892. On the outskirts, in front of Malbork's gate was once a church of St.Magdalene, which fell into disrepair in the eighteenth century.

Gmina Grudziądz

The emblem of Grudziadz Municipality presents a gold pine tree on the right, tobacco plant on the left and red fox at the bottom. (Resolution No. VI / 36 of 17.II.2003. Municipality status § 5)

Volume VI

Click on miniature, to increase photo. Click " zamknij ", go out .

Kontakt

tel. 603 952 819
tel. 56 464 83 93
e- mail:

więcej informacji

Patronat medialny